Old December 6th, 2005, 04:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Adams question

"riverman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
When wrapping the hackle, do you find any difference between wrapping
the two colored hackles separately, or at once?

And when did my thumbs get so damn big???

--riverman

Separately is better. It is quite easy to wind the second hackle through the
first, although it may not appear to be so at first. As with all these
things, a little practice is required.

Just be grateful that your thumbs are not as big as the middle fingers on my
left hand! My neihgbour accidentally, ( I hope! ) slammed the door on
them, and I can assure you that a single, more or less "unopposed", thumb on
one hand is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

TL
MC