Old December 6th, 2005, 05:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Adams question

"Stan Gula" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
riverman wrote:
When wrapping the hackle, do you find any difference between wrapping
the two colored hackles separately, or at once?

And when did my thumbs get so damn big???

--riverman

I'm sure you've gotten some good advice, but the *real* solution is to get
yourself a grade-a cree neck and just use that...

OK, I don't have, nor have I ever seen a really nice cree neck. But, I
have
a really nice golden grizzly (dyed) neck I that I use. Golden brown and
black barred feathers. I think that "two different colored hackles" stuff
is too fussy.
--
Stan Gula
near 'nuff is good 'nuff

That is first class advice, which is very nearly as rare as first class Cree
necks! At one time, and not all that long ago, Cree necks were to be
found in the "seconds" bin, along with all the other **** that the dealer
could not otherwise sell! Usually marked as "variegated", or a host of
similar euphemisms meaning ( I donīt know what it is , but I want to sell
it anyway). ( Lovely word that, "variegated", rhymes with "excoriated").

On the other hand, an Adams requires two hackles, otherwise it is not an
Adams, just a general hamfisted ****up, of which there are far too many
nowadays.

( No offence Stan!)

Come on Myron, dont be lazy, learn how to do it. It is not as if anybody is
asking you to keep a mob of ungrateful and singularly stupid kids in check,
or, even worse teach them something, now is it?

TL
MC ( Still only on his third whisky, but seriously contemplating the fifth)