Old May 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM posted to can.rec.fishing
Don Phillipson[_2_]

Default Ottawa fly fishing

wrote:
I have just moved back to the Ottawa area after a 15 year absence. Can
anyone recommend some local spots for bass/crappie fly fishing? I know
the Jock River used to be good but it looks pretty built up now.
Recommended flies would also be appreciated.

Weed growth may have changed your favourite
crappie spots e.g. at Merrickville, and accessible
bass spots e.g. near Billings Bridge. But you
will find quite good FF for bass in the Ottawa
River, anywhere you can wade and cast into or
over safe bass holes 3 ft. deep and deeper.

I fish Ottawa R. bass with only three flies,
a cork bug (as small as possible), a big
(size 4) Muddler Minnow and a flashy streamer
e.g. Mickey Finn. Some FF swear by leech flies.

Don P
Carlsbad Springs