Old May 16th, 2008, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

Default Tempest sand eels

In article , Ian
wrote:
Thanks Derek.I take it that I should rig it so that the hook is about 2/3

Yes, or maybe not even that much, predators will attempt to take them by the
head.

down the body of the lure, as most rubber eels.
And as most rubber eel type lures have a long twisted shank to the hook, to
impart a realistic movement when trolling, this lure does not need that

Are they the ones I think they are - actually a small rubber eel rather than
a sandeel, moulded with a swimming curve in the body?

If so, the body straightens a little with the pull and then springs back to
the curve. iIf you get the pull right the change in resistance sets up a
harmonic motion and for the few moments in which a fish must decide whether
to attack it must approximate a swimming movement fairly well.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/