Old September 16th, 2008, 09:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Default Fly Fishing Rods

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Dave Lane
writes

snip

Just a Ford.... KA :-)
Difficult to get a decent rod in the back though!

you want to try getting a 14 foot double hander into a mini???
Even in 3 pieces.... :+)

Your maths are in terrible state - 3 doesn't go into 14...:-)

How are things Dave - any salmon this season yet?

Hi Bill - sadly no - not yet. The river has been up and down like a
yo yo, and I don't think that I have ever seen it so high - bit dodgy
being down there sometimes. I've been flogging away at all of my
favourite places, and a whole bunch of new spots, which have been quite
nice to explore - but just the once had the line suddenly slap tight -
really gets the heart going, doesn't it? It's chucking it down again
this morning, so no prizes for guessing where I'll be later today :+)
I was up at Idwal over the weekend, had a bunch of small trout, but
might not make it up there again before the end of the month, and we
didn't seem to get the mass heather fly fall - still time yet if the sun
should suddenly decide to reappear.

cheers

Dave