Old June 26th, 2008, 04:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Todd[_2_]

Default casting

Lawrence wrote:
OK, so say I wanted a rig that would cast a long disance and that were
my only criteria? In the extreme example I might be fishing in the
ocean or on a big lake and casting from shore. Would a longer rod
necesarily cast further than a shorter one? How does the action,
whether light, medium or heavy, affect the maximum casting distance?
What about the other variables? How does the choice of reel, line,
and lure affect casting distance?

I am casting from shore for walleyes on Leech Lake, Minnesota.

Lawrence

Well.... how did you do?
-T