Old April 9th, 2007, 12:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default nc easter bass fishing

alligator!!! this was a huge gator for nc...at least 8-10 feet (my
conservative guess...but, then i was hyperventilating a bit at the time)
nose to tail, very fat. he was snoozing in the sun...eyelids closed. i
was walking the bank, paying little attention to anything but the water,
trying to place casts close to the bank 10-15 feet in front of me.
suddenly, there was an unusual smell...it was so unusual that it caused
me to stop and look around. i thought there might be a dead
animal...then i saw it. about 20 feet in front of me. my jaw dropped,
and i ran as fast up the grassy bank as any geezer hoping not to wrestle
with a gator on an easter sunday. i've no experience with gators up
close and personal, so took these two photos and retreated. he never
moved. i don't think he even woke up...