Old February 16th, 2004, 01:48 PM
RichG

Default Skip casting under docks

Just an observation regarding skip casting..

I remember one 99 sunny degree day here in Houston, TX. A buddy and I were
fishing the docks. We were skip casting underneath every one we came to.
After about an hour, we both realized that the docks that held fish were
SOLID covered board docks..the docks that were made up of OPEN slatted
boards rarely held a fish. I'm sure it had to do with shade and cooler
temperatures under the "solid" boarded docks.

I'd also guess, that in the winter, you'd get exactly the reverse results.
The slatted docks would hold more fish, since they would let in the sun's
warmth.

RichG
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners