Old March 22nd, 2006, 03:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default orvis loop connector question

I just bought an Orvis line that came with a loop connector. Seemed
like a cool idea. I was getting it ready to put it on the reel and the
plastic thing that keeps the line on the spool has written on it:
"Connect this end to Reel". Easy enough, since there was a loop
connector sticking out. I looped it onto the backing a reeled it in.
When I got to the other end of the fly line there was no loop
connector! Now I know the loop connector is for connecting to the
leader, but I'm going to have a hard time doing that when it's under
all that fly line.

What's up? Was my line spooled backwards? Did I read the instructions
wrong.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Looped,
Randy