Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default orvis loop connector question

William Claspy wrote:
On 3/23/06 3:15 PM, in article
alid, "Lazarus Cooke"
wrote:

b) attach tapered leaders, maybe one number higher than you wish to
fish, (say 4 weight) to that mono extension.

For those of you who use this method, what kind of knot do you use to attach
the butt end of the leader to the mono extension? Blood or surgeons, I
presume, yes?

I use a blood knot, which is really easy to tie in heavy mono. You only
need about three turns on each side and strength isn't an issue.

For fine mono or for connecting mono of very different diameters I use a
surgeon's knot.