Old March 24th, 2006, 09:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default orvis loop connector question

In article , William Claspy
wrote:
..

I don't think I've ever heard leader/tippet material referred to with the
term "weight". Seems it is most often sized by the "X" designations, or
less frequently by pound test rating or diameter.

Is the term "weight" when referring to tippet one of them there fancy-pants
Anglicanizations?

The technical term is "carelessness". Or, if you prefer "wrong".

The X system is a nice carry-over, like proof spirit. I think it refers
to the number of times the catgut was drawn.