Old January 19th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Tony & Barb Vellturo

Default Dubbing loop question

This is the method I use. Wax a length of thread. Place dubbing on
thread. Place "spinner" at end of dubbing, bring unwaxed end of
thread back up to hook to form loop. Wind thread a couple of wraps to
secure it and then spin to make noodle. This method allows even
distribution of dubbing.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:47:03 GMT, "rb608"
wrote:

I've read the books and the online tutorials; but I'm having just s bit of
trouble with this dubbing loop thing. I'm hoping somebody's explanation can
shorten the learning curve a bit for me.

At a glance, this seems as though it should be a lot simpler than I'm
experiencing. I make the loop and open it with my fingers to insert the fur
dubbing. What I can't seem to manage is an even distribution of the
material nor keeping all of the material in place as I move down the loop.
Any tips?

Joe F.