Old January 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM
rb608

Default Dubbing loop question

"Mike Connor" Mike-Connor wrote in message
It occurred to me, after reading your post again, and noticing that you
wrote "as I move down the loop", that you will find it a lot easier if

you
keep the loop horizontal, when adding dubbing.

Although I didn't actually mean "down" in my post, you are right about that
horizontal thing. That's one tip I figured out myself the hard way. BTW,
thanks for the links, though I'd already found 4 out of the 5.

My present troubles seem to result from the dubbed fur being too long.
After I get it spun in the loop & begin wrapping, I'm getting too much of
the material wrapping itself around the hook shank when I want it sticking
out for the body. I'm cutting very soft rabbit fur directly off the skin &
it's about 1.5 cm long. Should I be using shorter material? If so,
how/when is the best way to trim it?

Joe F.
(& don't get me started on the static electricity thing.)