Old June 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cyprych

Default Cicadas on Penns

On Jun 16, 10:55*pm, Frank Reid wrote:
The reports are awesome. *Big fish smashing cicadas. *People getting
tired of catching fish. *Time to head out.
Frank Reid
(In Worchester, MA right now)

That's not what I saw. I did hit them pretty hard on the "Greg
Hoover" cicada on Spring Creek Friday(6/13) and Saturday but not on
Penns. The people I know that tried them on Penns got some action but
not a lot. On Spring, the louder they (the cicadas) got the better
the fish were at taking them. If you weren't fishing the banks then
you were fishing. If you were fishing the banks, then you were
catching. Nice sized fish too.

Penns- Friday night at Ingleby was very good. Fished just off the
parking lot (lot had 6 or 7 vehicles). Started about 7. Used size 16
BWO emrgers and got some action. Then about 9 size 12 spinners and did
even better. Saturday evening we fished down from Stan's Bridge for
about an hour- we got a few.

I did hear that there were parts of Penns that had cicadas stacked
inches deep but I did not see that.