Thread: Health check
View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles
external usenet poster

Default Health check

Sorry about the late response. Will post an appropriate escuse if anyone so demands.

I've looked at facebook. Even signed up a couple of years ago, thus demonstrating that cheap wine is not an unmixed blessing.

I'll continues to peek in here from time to time, though I suspect that sic transit gloria mundi applies as much to electronic media as to universes and such like.

In any case, it's been fun to watch so many reveal themselves (however unwillingly in some cases) for so many years. Even better was getting to meet and get to know some very excellent human beings. Facebook (and Dog only knows what next) will prove, I suspect, to be the antithesis of what it claims for itself (and what its proponents agree to with heads bobbing in imbecilic unison). The "Social Media" are anything but. It has already been noted by many watchers that they tend rather to isolate individuals from real human contact with others. After all, who actually NEEDS face to face contact with other anthropoids when it is so much easier to project a sanitized image?

As for anonymity.....nyuck, nyuck.

Mosca LaMouche