Old December 1st, 2004, 02:39 AM
Henry Hefner

Default I pulled an Al

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 01:01:42 GMT, Dan Krueger
sent into the ether:

Fenwick will sell you a new rod for 55% off if YOU damage it. Not a bad deal
and probably a break even for them.

Otherwise, they have a 5 year or lifetime guarantee depending on the particular
model.

I don't think they are honoring the previous lifetime guarantees. I
had the tip break off of a Fenwick blank I built and the people I
talked to at Fenwick were very understanding. They understood they
were not going to stand behind it and there was nothing more to
discuss. Needless to say, I never bought another fenwick.

I know that Ugly Stik (I know, broom handle) had a lifetime guarantee,
but they just went to a seven year guarantee. Since nobody needed to
keep receipts for a lifetime guarantee, I guess they are now out of
luck. Stores will want a receipt to show it is within 7 years, and I
doubt they will honor somebody telling them that THEIRS had a lifetime
guarantee.

I have had Craftsman tools break or wear out, and when I would return
them I would find Craftsman no longer made that tool, so they would only
replace with Sears brand, which came with no guarantee. I guess they
didn't mean MY lifetime.