Old August 25th, 2005, 03:38 AM
daytripper

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:56:12 GMT, "STEPHEN PEEK" wrote:
"Q" wrote in message
nk.net...
While at the Oregon coast last week I came across a sea lion with this
white thing hanging from it's mouth. I'm curious if it is a fishing lure
or something else? I'd appreciate it if someone would have a look and give
me your opinion, not that there is anything I could do about it. I thought
about getting a closer look but I'm just no match for a 500+ lb sea lion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/QDM/sealion.jpg

Thanks,

Looks like a flasher to me. They are commonly used to attract fish to
another lure.

Exactly. And you can bet the hooks that were trailing that flasher are still
attached to it.....Ouch....