Old September 21st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Rodney

Sarge wrote:
Reds on the other hand will stay put eating
everything. When fishing after a storm one must change their fishing
tactics to meet conditions.

After a hurricane, fish the surge draining from inlets and bays, or
coves, fish on the beach side, the red's stack up here in these passes
for days, feeding on everything coming out. After Opel, my wife and I
caught hundreds of reds, fishing the west pass at Gulf Sores, as the
surge drained from the lagoon. were were using finger mullet caught with
a cast net right at the discharge. a mullet would not last 30 sec. once
it hit the bottom. Most of the reds were 20 to 30 inches, boy we had a
blast,, and the game warden made the state a fortune, writing tickets
for all those people stupid enough to have kept more than the daily limit

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread