Old August 29th, 2008, 02:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
AJ[_2_]

Default Baitcasting reels-the attractive antique that reel companies won't admit to

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:07:02 -0400, RichZ
wrote:

............much great stuff snipped.........
On the other hand, I love spinning gear for application requiring 6lb
test line or less.

Rich, once again you've smacked the nail square on the head, knocked
it outa the park, hit the bullseye, scored a hat trick, rolled 300,
gold medaled, etc., etc.

Thanks!

Real men use a fly rod? ;-)) I was out fishing yesterday morning, couple
of bass, half dozen pike, nothing really special. Used a baitcaster
never even thinking about it, then I remembered this thread. It's not
rocket science at all, what it's really like is the Shakespeare model
1776 Wonder-reel I had as a kid. Push the button, cast, reel it in.
Caught my first 'northwoods' pike on it also a dogfish on the same day.
Anyone else? I still have it along with the matching Wonder-rod. I think
I'll dig it out, put some line on it and take it fishing this weekend.