Old September 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default #22 midge eye

On 17-Sep-2009, Todd wrote:

Problem !! cannot get leader thru eye of midge --my eyes are elderly
and I cannot hold a magnifying glass and tie knots at same time !
Using 7x leader--any suggestions welcome

I use the flip up that attach to my glasses

Problem is after I am done w them - as I walk or move to fish these clip ons
keep falling down
I found a great pair of magnifiers - clic

One url is -http://impulseclics.com/whatclicks.html

I am at the point where I would not even attempt a #22 hook eye and 6 X is
getting more difficult for me
The best solution is to take a younger friend or train my grandchildren to
help tie on flies and leaders

Fred