Old September 21st, 2009, 04:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

Default #22 midge eye

George Cleveland wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:25:33 -0700 (PDT), Injun Joe
wrote:

Planning a trip to N.C mountains next week -hope to catch a few
brookies- so Im sorting my stuff and find some #22 grey midges--
thought I would try using them for droppers behind a hopper '. I make
up the rig and carry it in a 35mm film can in order avoid taking 20
minutes on the stream to attatch a fly .
Problem !! cannot get leader thru eye of midge --my eyes are elderly
and I cannot hold a magnifying glass and tie knots at same time !
Using 7x leader--any suggestions welcome

Joe the Elder.

I bought one of these for night fishing. It actually works.

http://www.tight-line-enterprises.co...tthreader.html

Geo. C.

I will second that. Mine works great.

-T