Old September 5th, 2011, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Default Old fur

On 09/04/2011 01:59 PM, rw56 wrote:
On Sep 4, 6:43 am, Suzan wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:28 pm, wrote:

I have a few shoe boxes of old miscelaneous fur pieces. Elk, deer,
carabou, bear, moose and ???. It is dry and brittle and breaks
easily. I thought of soaking it in hair conditioner to see if that
would bring it back to life. Has anyone had this experience? Any
other
ideas to restore the fur?
Thanks,
Guy

For what it is worth, Soaking the fur in a diluted hair conditioner
for a couple of days saved some the fur I would have otherwise tossed
out.

Wait a minute, here. Susan Thornberg is replying to Guy Thornberg on
the nearly defunct roff?

Have you ever considered talking, or even leaving a note on the
refrigerator?

:-)