Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:25 PM
G. M. Zimmermann

Default Attention Pa Fisherman: Special Regulations change

To anyone from Pennsylvania, partiularly the southeast portion of the state.
I was just out fishing on the Delayed Harvest ALO section of the Tulpehocken
when a gentlemen approched me and we struck up a convesation. He informed me
that he was a member of the loacl chapter of trout unlimited and that the PA
Fish & Boat commission was proposing changesing the reulations of the stream to
allow the use of bait during the period of time. Such a change would be
disasterous to the resident population of fish. Every other stream or lake
with trout in it in this area is basicly fished out during the spring trout
season, because most of the guys around here are only interested in catching as
many keepers as they can. The Tulpehocken is the one place where most of the
fishing pressure is from guys interested in catch and release. If any of you
are intersted in preserving this fishery and its current regulation, please let
the PA F&BC how you feel.