Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:56 PM
John Lindsey

Default Attention Pa Fisherman: Special Regulations change

Are they also planning on requiring circle hooks to be used with the bait?
California DF&G is starting to require circle hooks when bait fishing in
some salmon fisheries. CA DF&G claims circle hooks have far less mortality
than regular bait hooks. I haven't seen any studies that support circle
hooks.

Good luck!

John

"G. M. Zimmermann" wrote in message
To anyone from Pennsylvania, partiularly the southeast portion of the

state.
I was just out fishing on the Delayed Harvest ALO section of the

Tulpehocken
when a gentlemen approched me and we struck up a convesation. He informed

me
that he was a member of the loacl chapter of trout unlimited and that the

PA
Fish & Boat commission was proposing changesing the reulations of the

stream to
allow the use of bait during the period of time. Such a change would be
disasterous to the resident population of fish. Every other stream or

lake
with trout in it in this area is basicly fished out during the spring

trout
season, because most of the guys around here are only interested in

catching as
many keepers as they can. The Tulpehocken is the one place where most of

the
fishing pressure is from guys interested in catch and release. If any of

you
are intersted in preserving this fishery and its current regulation,

please let
the PA F&BC how you feel.