Old June 20th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Rusty Hook

Default Yellowstone/Montana regulations and the ROFF Banner..

Mike Makela wrote:

Wow $53 bucks just for the Montana license...I'm sure it's worth it

though.

Actually, it's $69.25 (NR annual license plus NR conservation license)
I bought one last summer. They were $67 then.

You have to do a little arithmetic to decide whether you're better off with
a short-term or an annual:
$9.25 for the nonresident conservation license (required for all), plus:
$15 per two-day period, or
$43.50 per 10 days, or
$60 for the season.

A little pricey, but Wyoming charges even more ($85).
Plus, you get some of it back if you camp at a Montana state fishing access
that charges a fee; there is a discount if you have a valid license.

--
Rusty Hook
Laramie, Wyoming