Old April 11th, 2010, 04:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mememe

Default Upper Creek Cont...

"Mark Bowen" wrote in
:

"jloomis" wrote in message
Wow. Very similiar Canyon Structure to a river area in Twaine Harte
Calif.
Looks like fun fishing.
Nice water condition.
Slightly green.....nice
john

The stream is Upper Creek in Burke County, NC--a quick look at Google
Earth will give you some idea of the gradient. This stream drops
rather steeply from top to bottom of the mountain. Of course, our
mountains are considerably smaller than the ones y'all have out West.

The water conditions were high and fast--dangerous climbing up the 5
tier waterfalls!--as we have had an inordinate amount of snow this
year, which has replenished the water table in Catawba water basin.
Upper Creek is fed mostly by water seeping from the water table, as
the stream has cut its way to bedrock.

Fishing was mediocre at best, but I believe it was mainly due to the
level and current flow. Once we got to the top of the falls, where the
stream flattens out for a ways, before climbing upward again, we had
some good dry fly action.

I finish my MPA degree in May and plan on fishing agreat deal more
this year than last--this means more pics of our wonderful NC streams!

Take care!

Op --the brown in the attachment is from Upper Creek above where we
fished the other week--

Hey Mark,

What is the minimum size Trout you can keep? This guy looks a little on
the small size (betya he is VERY tasty though), but I am use to fishing
and catching, on a regular basis, large fish in the Gulf of Mexico.