Old August 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

Default Fishing at Cley in Norfolk

In article .com,
wrote:
I was asking a while back about fishing near Cromer. Whilst up there
this weekend a local tackle shop suggested taking my son to Cley as you
don't need to cast very far out. I am only a very occasional fisherman
so don't know a great deal but we constantly got snagged and in the end
gave up.

I don't know that beach but if there's a bit of surf and you don't keep the
line up it can be buried in shingle or even sand - and then there may be
weed washed along by the tide too.

The sea was pretty rough and there was only one other guy fishing who
gave up after a while. The tide was on the way out.
I couldn't imagine what we were getting snagged on. I want to try again
this weekend as high tide will be early afternoon.

Dawn and dusk are more likely to produce fish - and are excitingly
'different' times for the young. Spinning and floatfishing might be worth
trying too.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/