Old November 25th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Bill Kiene

Default Leader & Tippet Question

Tippet materials will be softer to stiffer depending on the brand and
series.

If your tippet is curling or twisting up while casting a dry fly you can do
one of three things:

Use a shorter piece of tippet

Use a heavier tippet

Find some slightly striffer tippet material

Certain dries twist up more than others too.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Mike" wrote in message
Good morning fellow R.O.F.F.ians......Heres wishing one and all a Safe &

Happy
holiday...... My question is is there a difference in brands of leaders

and
tippet i have been using SA but it seems to curl on me i use 5x with 12

14 &
16 flies so didn't think fly size was the problem..........Thanks in

advance

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick