Old January 14th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Kurt E. Huhner

Default Opinions sought from NYC-area fly fishermen

Don't forget the Esopus, Neversink, Rondout creek and the Schoharie as they
get less crowded then the "name" rivers. There's also two other rivers on
Long Island other than the Connetquot (Nissequogue and I think the other is
Peconic?). Dont forget the Adirondacks as well in upstate NY; great pocket
water!

and look up the NYC_Trout_Bums group. We are mostly locals who go up in the
area frequently during the season, we have fly swaps, etc.

Kurt

"Tim G" wrote in message
om...
Go to Connequot if you like catching big fish with every cast no
matter what type of fly you have on. Fun but easy.

That sounds pretty good, actually. (Hey, I'm still relatively new to
this.) I'll check it out.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Thoughts about that Sullivan
County area I mentioned?

Thanks all, Tim