Old January 13th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Mu Young Lee

Default Opinions sought from NYC-area fly fishermen

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Tim G wrote:

I'm a new, but well-hooked, fly fisherman. I spent the past year
living on the Spokane River in WA, and was able to fish every single
night. Now that I'm back in NYC, I'm going to miss it. Really miss
it. In fact I've already started thinking about fly fishing in
Central Park come spring. Which I'm pretty sure is going to get me
arrested. So...

I've always been a firm believer in fishing local. You may be able to fly
fish in Prospect Park but I am not sure. There are plenty of ponds and
lakes in the Croton watershed that should hold some fish as well as the
small streams which connect them. If I were back in NYC and had some
money to spend on a cabin, I'd buy a boat instead and chase stripers and
blues out in the salt. But that's just me. Plenty of guys don;t even
consider throwing a fly in sal****er as a form of flyfishing at all.
Later.

Mu
Thousand Oaks, CA