Old June 12th, 2011, 03:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Very bad news.

On Jun 10, 8:49*pm, Giles wrote:
I just spoke with Joel Axelrad's girlfriend, Margaret. *She informed
me that Joel is currently dying of cancer in a hospital in Altoona,
Pennsylvania. *According to Margaret, Joel is very far gone, heavily
sedated, and completely unresponsive.

Joel needs no introduction to any of the long-time regulars here. *He
has fished with many of us. *He has broken bread with us, he has drunk
martinis with us, he has visited with us and graciously accepted us at
his home.

Losing friends is a hard business.

Wolfgang

Just talked to Wolfy. Joel had gone down to Penns to hang with
DavePA. Didn't feel well and Dave took him to the hospital. He's
been there ever since. Doesn't look like he's going to make it out.
That's all we know.
Tight lines, Joel. Tonight, I drank a martini in your honor. I've
asked you before, and I ask again, how can you drink that ****?
Frank Reid