Old August 21st, 2006, 01:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Olebiker

Default Bass Pro Shop

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
My niece is a freshman this fall at Missouri State and we
went to Springfield to help her move in, schlepp her stuff,
get her computer set up, etc. When my sister took her shopping
Friday afternoon we took the opportunity to visit Bass Pro Shop.

I was visiting my Dad in Louisville and took the opportunity to cross
the Ohio into Indiana to visit the relatively new Bass Pro Shop. I was
surprised to see a golf section. The NASCAR section wasn't too
surprising since I expect that there is a lot of cross over in the
demographics, but golf?

I don't know if it is my imagination, but it seems like they are using
the "Outdoor World" branding a lot more. I expect that they are trying
to expand their identity beyond the hunting and fishing customer.

What really amazed me was the number of young (I mean teenaged) couples
shopping there. It was like the store was a date destination.