Old October 12th, 2006, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

Default Return to Usenet

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Peter Kay, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Hi all

Sorry for the cross post but I'm a lazy ******* and will only say this
once! Have now been traveling the world for the best part of three
years and have finally settled for a while in a place called Gliwice
in Poland teaching English to potential immigrants :-)

Still have my Dufour 29 in Whitehaven Marina, this is where we live on
our occasional return to the UK. Not getting much (any!) fishing in
over here but will have a bash when we visit friends and family in
December.

Nice to see some old faces still around. I have added a link to our
online photos for anyone sad enough to sit through several hours of
pics :-)

Regards

Peter Kay

Peter we were wondering where you had got to!
I always wondered what happened to yachthawkwind.co.uk

Is it this long ago, on 16 August 1998 that you stated :

"I too have problems with alcohol. However, I persevere :-) You cannot
come to a gathering and remain sober, the posts following such a
gathering would be intolerable if someone remembered who said what and
when!!"

Happy days mate and Poland sounds pretty good to me when I win the
lottery.
Keep in touch and we'll let you know of our future pathetic attempts at
trying to get a few more people to join us in our endeavours :-)

Now...... pike fishing in Poland is supposed to be the tops..........
Cheers.
Alec

--
Alec Powell