Old March 28th, 2008, 05:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Are riveted jon boats okay?

"jmDesktop" wrote in message
I knew a guy that said his leaked at the rivets. Is that they only
way flat bottom boats are made, "riveted"? I just want one for small
lake fishing, What are the limits of one, do they tip easily? Thank
you.

Jon boat is a pretty generic term. I've got a 16 footer I stand up and bass
fish out of all day long. Bigger is better for stability. Mine's pretty
darn wide, but its also rated for 50HP, so its probably not really what you
are asking about.

An jon should be more stable than most canoes. If you already have a canoe
though you might consider a canoe stabilizer. Basically a set of floats off
to each side of the canoe rigidly mounted to it.