Old July 24th, 2004, 01:06 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Return to the grass

A few weeks ago I posted about fishing on a lake that is simply loaded with
weeds. I returned to the lake this morning and skipped all the "fish the
shoreline" non-sense and headed right to the back where the weeds grow
thick. Threw a buzzbait and got a swirl but nothing else. I switched to a
fluke in white and the fun began. I only fished about two hours due to the
lower temps (57) and windy, but boated about 14 keeper size bass. Almost all
of these bass were in the 1-1.5 range with an occasional two pounder. I must
have had at least 10 fish come off too after the hookeset. Weird because I
thought I got a really good hookset. One seemed to be a real good fish as it
pulled drag off my baitcaster before coming un buttoned. I think I could
have done even better had I been able to get back into the weeds more.
Either way I can't complain but would have loved a 20 bass morning. Hey no
pickerel, life's good right?