Old May 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

Default Cast Net

Yes, I have thrown and know how to throw. I have an old 8' net of my
dad's. I have never bought one before. The only fishing store in
close proximity to me sells Old Salt nets for $100. That seems high
seeing what they go for online. Now, I don't mind spending the money,
but I was looking for some suggestions. The problem with my net is it
seems small in certain situations and often, the bait are a couple feet
under water and I don't think this net is heavy enough. Basically, I
feel like I'm missing bait which in turn wastes some time. If I'm
going about this the wrong way, let me know. I know a lot of
fishermen, but none that have a lot of experience buying new cast nets.

Thanks