Old September 21st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Dan Logcher

Sarge wrote:

Tex John wrote: "Alright, I live close to Houston and read recently that
the day after a hurricane is great fishing.
I don't have a boat but could hit a Surfside jetty after the surge receeded
and while the family was evac'ed to Austin.
Anyone have any personal experience with that? I'm used to bass that want to
wait a few days for things to settle down before they come out of their
holes..."

Storms stir up sediment which means more plankton is floating around which
gets eaten by smaller fish. The bait fish go on a feeding frenzy with so
much food supply. Then here comes the bigger fish on a frenzy to eat the
bait fish since they are more active.

You might have to change baits to match stained water conditions.

Weird. I'm fishing Cape Anne in Massachusetts and have the opposite
results after a storm. Striped bass don't seem to like the sediment
stir-up, and seemed to go out to sea to breathe better.

Before a storm is usually when the fish are feeding more heavily, like they
know its coming so they better get some eats.

--
Dan