Old September 25th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Tex John

The book I read that in was by AC Becker, an old timer, and he WAS talking
about Redfish.

The striper response...that's a bass and my experience is bass is like
freshwater trout: wait 3 days after the storm.

And, yeah, specs want clean water.

Ugh...we not only didn't get a storm surge here, it actually blew the water
out of our west side of Galveston AND my starter blew up yesterday and no
parts stores are open. Oh well, probably couldn't get on a jetty anyway
since most of those beach towns are closed and there's only one road to the
coast every 50 miles or so...pretty easy for the cops to keep them blocked
off.

John
in Sugarland, Texas

"Sarge" wrote in message
Tex John wrote: "Alright, I live close to Houston and read recently that
the day after a hurricane is great fishing.
I don't have a boat but could hit a Surfside jetty after the surge

receeded
and while the family was evac'ed to Austin.
Anyone have any personal experience with that? I'm used to bass that want

wait a few days for things to settle down before they come out of their
holes..."

Storms stir up sediment which means more plankton is floating around which
gets eaten by smaller fish. The bait fish go on a feeding frenzy with so
much food supply. Then here comes the bigger fish on a frenzy to eat the
bait fish since they are more active.

You might have to change baits to match stained water conditions.

Sarge