Old May 10th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

Default Cast Net

I've spent a lot of time in the Florida Keys, the charter boats live or
dye by their ability to throw a cast net. I do know that, based on what
your trying to catch, the mesh size and weight varries. Larger mesh
will drop faster, and the same holds true for heavier weights, but
smaller prey can obviously fit through the larger mesh, and a heavier
net is harder to throw (I suspect your net is a tight mesh, won't sink
fast enough). You might want to try World Wide Sportsman (Bass Pro shop
in Islamorada) or look at Key's web sites for tackle shops or guides,
send them e-mails asking for advice. It can't hurt.