Old August 21st, 2014, 09:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman[_5_]

Default Newbie : Downwind or Downfly?

On Monday, August 11, 2014 8:03:23 AM UTC-4, Bertie Doe wrote:
"riverman" wrote in message

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:02:38 PM UTC+8, Bertie Doe wrote:

Will be starting fishing in 3 days, when the season starts here in the

UK.

snip

The third option is if you are able to cast ACROSS the stream because of

the wind. In that case, I would cast from the upwind bank, leaving my dry

somewhere midstream and let the breeze carry it dead-drift into the shore.

Oh, and this group is long-dead. Come over to Facebook to meet the gang.

--riverman

Riverman do you have a link to the fb group? TIA.

Su https://www.facebook.com/groups/recoutdoorsfishingfly/