Old November 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default 20 Pound Bass

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
t...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/11/sp...1outdoors.html

Peacock bass, but still.

Its a Peacock Cichlid. LOL. Sunday I am going to fish a tournament for
largemouth and smallmouth sunfish (or perch if you will).

I find it absolutely amazing how the perch family filled so many natural
niches in the eastern US that are filled by cichlids in South America and
Africa.

I wonder what fileld those niche in the west before the introduction of LMB
& SMB. In the north it was salmonids mostly, but down here in the desert
those guys don't survive.

P.S. Could not read the story without logging on.

--
Ken Fortenberry