Old March 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default Bayou Redfish

wrote:
Wayne Knight wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I'm looking forward to it.

Personally I think a 9wt is a little heavy for redfish, my primary
redfish from a boat rod is a 7wt and I use an 8wt while wading.

I already tried that, Wayne, but hey, when you're getting advice from a
guide who knows where redfish are in S. Louisiana, advice from folks who
live or have lived there with lots of fishing experience just sorta come
in a distant second...

Yeah yeah, I heard ya the first time and I do respect your first
hand experience but a 9wt is all I have in 4 piece and I'm not
gonna buy a new rod just for a few hours fishing in the bayou.

BTW, I used to attend the Jazz festival annually when I lived on the
gulf coast but have not been in a decade or more. Any chane you can
pick me up this year's poster (I used to collect them and still have
some)? I will of course reimburse you.

Oh, man, this has become its own, er, funkin' industry, both legit and
otherwise. An official poster, unsigned, isn't cheap, and a signed one
is REALLY ridiculous (IIRC, they were fetching over $800.00 last year,
unframed). Then there's all the quasi-official ones. I'd suggest
determining _exactly_ what you want and letting Ken and Kristine have a
website/.jpg/something to see so they know exactly what you want. And
as an aside, depending on which ones you have (such as a signed
Rodrigue, etc.), you might wish to check into values and determine if
you need insurance (seriously).

No ****, over $4,000 for a 1989 JazzFest *poster* ?!!?!? Good grief.
I've got a 1990 (the last time we were there) I wonder why it's only
worth $350 ? I mean, granted I only paid $30 for it at the time but
I can be as greedy as the next guy. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry