Old December 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

Default Kill File in Google Reader? and Message to Beancounter

On 2009-12-29 09:13:40 -0500, Family-Outdoors said:

Is there a way...any way...to restrict content in Google Reader?
Because I am too dumb to figure out why no mail reader can download
messages on my computer, I cannot use any of the traditional kill file
methods. I am truly tired of seeing some of the crap on here but
acknowledge their right to post it. On Google Reader if beancounter
calls Obama a C_ _ t in the subject header and I open it with my kids
around it's not cool.

Paul

All of beancounter's posts come through to me under the thread "major
malfunction." He has used language that I would not want my young
grandchildren to read, but it is not there unless I open "major
malfunction".

However, different readers may allow his profanity to be in the open.
If the profanity appears when you open the post, quite simply, don't
open any of his posts.

A second idea: Ask beancounter to clean up his act so that children
can not read his profanity.

How about it, beancounter? You have a right to post, but if you're
using obscene language in the header, could you please stop it for the
sake of others' feelings?

Dave