Old November 21st, 2008, 10:41 AM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default Fly Lines & Reels

In article ,
wrote:

Since using these reels regularly, for a number of years, I have become
even more impressed with them as time went on. They are all still as
good as new, even though their five year warranty has in the mean time
run out. Spare spools, or even a second reel as backup is not a problem,

I'm planning major replacement of reels and lines sometime soon, probably
in the new year. For general fishing I standardised on a cheap graphite job
and bought several along with spare spools and have replaced with the same
model as required (I'm pretty hard on tackle and I don't look after it
properly.) This makes it easy to mix and match and keeps things
straightforward. It was one of the early models and although they are still
available I am well aware that there are new and better reels out there. I
need to replace a back and three spools this time* so it's a good time to
think about changing the standard. I've added your suggestion to the check
'em out list.

Cheerio,

* How well do the Okumas take to being dropped and left soaked in salt,
oily, bilgewater for three days foul weather?

--
Fishing:
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/