Old May 9th, 2007, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Bass_Mr.

Default great day fishing

Thanks Guys, the first thing he said this morning of course was " Dad, are
we going fishing? "

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Bass_Mr. wrote:
My 3 yr. old's first fish. All he wants now is bigger ones so I think
he's "hooked".

Man that brings back memories of my son's first fish, and hopefully future
memories of my grandson's (my son's, son) first this summer.

I hope you have the thousand of future catches with him, like I had with
my son over the years, My son and I went Sunday, every time he lands one
even today, I think of his first, because it was so funny.

Have to share his first
He was 2 1/2, my father-in-law had a shiner pound he raised his bait in.
We walked down to his little pond with a tiny cane we had cut for Pat, we
had rigged it with a number 12 hook and a split, we caught a cricket in
the grass and baited him up. He was whipping the water with his cricket
like 2 year olds do, when a HUGE shiner took the cricket, we where yelling
for him to raise up the pole, when he did, it took both hands and a
struggle, then the fish came up and he swung it into his face. At which
point he threw down the pole and went running back up to the house yelling
for his mom. We were laughing so hard we couldn't even go after him,, when
we finally got to the house, he had calmed down and was telling and
showing his grandma how big his bass was, all fish were bass to him. I
wish we had thought to take a camera.

By the time he was 5 he was always eager to show other kids, and even
adults how to catch fish, now my son's daughter was the same at 5, now at
nine she always puts on a show for everyone when she lands a fish, she
really hams it up, like the guys on TV fishing shows, which she loves to
watch.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,