Old December 28th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

Default Best rod/line for ....

"Larry L" wrote in message

You know anyone doing subprime loans for tackle G

Put some money a way here and a little away there or do what I did and buy
the blank and the components and had someone make the rod (or make it
yourself). Then there's always the used market for the rod anyway.

actually this is the exact selection I had dreamed of, from reading the
adman hype, but I've never cast either the rod or the line

I know you don't want to buy into it but it's not hype on that fly line. For
$40 more than a standard premium line it had better not be. I'm a slow
action caster and most of my graphite trout rods were designed to mimic cane
and for fishing less than 60' away. But I can shoot that line within 10' of
the backing with an old Winston IM6. As far as fishing, if that line floated
any higher it would be hovering. But the texture is really different and the
noise it makes going through the guides casting takes some getting used to
but it is a very good fly line. Personally I'd start there..

With Winston's latest toy - the biimx, I shot the entire line plus some
backing at the retention pond behind my house. But I wouldn't fish the BIImx
with small flies though it has some flex in it, that's why I suggested the
BIIx instead. It's really is a nice rod if one wants a rod that is capable
of casting just as well up close as it does at a distance and very good as a
fishing tool, especially protecting light tippets.