Old December 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rb608

Default For the PETA folks

"Doug" wrote in message
I probably should reiterate:

a.. One study found vegetarians to suffer significantly lower mortality
from heart disease than health conscious non-vegetarians. Mortality from
ischaemic heart disease was 57% lower in vegetarians than the general
population, and 18% lower than in non-vegetarians following a healthy
lifestyle. Deaths due to cerebrovascular disease was 43% lower in the
vegetarians compared with the general population.

I didn't mean to question the numbers, I was only wondering if those studies
attributed the differences entirely to diet. For example, in my experience,
most vegetarians I've known were younger, and had more active lifestyles.
To attribute their better heatlh to their diet would be overlooking two more
sigificant factors.

Joe F.