Old July 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Default Dropshot hook help

On 7/24/2011 3:59 AM, Steve W. wrote:
Jack wrote:
Please recommend the hook you use for dropshotting.
Due to the water temp in Tn., I am fishing deeper and I am having
difficulty selecting a suitable hook. I have tried the stand-off
hooks. but the shank is too short for me.
Thanks in advance.

I have used just about everything from a standard octopus hook up to
extended shank aberdeen styles. All depends on the bait and size of fish
your after.

Here is the only hook "DESIGNED" for drop shotting only, It is even
taught in the B.A.S.S. collage as the "BEST ever" drop shot hook, you
need to at least give them a try, and when you do, I make a nickle :-)

http://ttiblakemore.com/shop/index.p...1598bd80ae0f46

Two things with this hook,, one you can use any knot and it will always
stick straight out "ALWAYS", and 2. when you snap the line taught, it
kicks the bait, giving it much more action than any other hook

Not this much though, and this uses "any hook"

http://secretweaponlures.com/products/spectastic.htm

Once you use that rig you will never want to drop shot without it

--
Secret Weapon Recoil Rig,
Fishing lure remote control