Old July 25th, 2006, 03:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default On track for a 2020 ban on sportsfishing?

wrote:
I don't want Tim to be right about this, because
****, I like to fish. Work sucks. My kids are grown.
Late in life the only pleasures left are the
the three f's of happines:
family friends and fishing (not fishing fighting and ****ing).
.....or maybe that's the 5 good things left.

Yeah......gotta love that fighting!

But I have to say, despite all that, fishing is starting to lose its
alure.
When I drive up to Wolf Creek to fish the Missouri
and see 100 driftboats launching at once, I just
want to turn around and drive home. I have a lifelong friend
Randy who won't even fish in Montana anymore.

Tell him to try the Root River in Racine. Nothing like
Montana......nothing at all.

And yes, I know, because I make and popularize
driftboats, I'm guiltier than most. Byt blame isn't the point.
Crowded fishing conditions suck.

No, blame isn't the point. You make and popularize drift
boats.......too many drift boats.....no correlation.....nope.

Crowded fishing conditions.....well, they just suck.....that's all.

And there's a connection lurking there too,

Should'a guessed it......would'a.....eventually.....probably.....ma ybe.

between
pain-in-the ass crowded fishing conditions and what Tim's been
talking about.

Could be.....theoretically.....but, for the time being, it's his own
ass that his head is stuck up.

I remember when my dad and I first started fishing Sough Creek
and the Lamar in Yellowstone in the early 1960s.

That would be about the time somebody else quit because there were too
many assholes moving in and crowding the streams.

We'd fish
all week long and see maybe 2- 3 other fishermen.
And we knew all three of them.

Um.....or two.....as the case may be.

That's what I really liked about
fishing in
Montana, way back then.

Heck yeah.....EVERYBODY should have his own personal national park,
ainna?

And those days are long gone, forever.

Well, dang......that's just a dang shame.....dang it!

Wolfgang
why do they hate us?