Old September 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default TR: 11 Point River

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:19:01 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Frank Reid wrote:
By the way, I WILL be back so if you would like to float it next year,
give me a hollar.

Sure, I'd be up for fishing it when it wasn't blown out.
Keep me in the loop next year when you're planning dates.

Well, you fishing whore! It is a tailwater.

No it's not. Hell, I didn't even know it was stocked. I had read
that Missouri didn't stock their nine Blue Ribbon Trout waters
which apparently was true at one time but has since changed. The
guide told me that the section I fished last year, Greer Springs
to Turner's Mill had been stocked for the last three years.

You don't fish tail
waters, do you? ...

No, that was my stunt double fishing the San Juan. ;-)

I'll get out to the Rapid one of these days but do you realize
how much good fishing I'd have to drive by to get all the way
out to Maine ?

Speaking of tail waters. Of tomorrow morning with a local friend to
fish the West Branch of the Penobscott from the dam down to Big Eddy.
Should be some big salmon involved. Back Thursday.

Good luck and tight lines. I'm planning to get out myself if
the old hippy working on my old Volvo ever gets it out of the
shop.

--
Ken Fortenberry